Saturday, August 25, 2012

Oh, a-frogging I have been

I daren't post photos of FC at the moment! I've been working on the Castle, and wondering why it was getting a bit boring. Then I realised that in artificial light, all the dark greens looked the same! So I decided to frog one of them before I stitched any more in that colour. Actually, what I did was remove one of the substitutions.  I had used artificial silk (DMC rayon) in the suggested shade rather than the DMC cotton, and I'm replacing it with the cotton. It looks much better now, but I'm still not 100% satisfied. I'm looking at the possibility of a lighter shade still, but have to do a bit more experimenting. My proof that I'm doing the right thing came when I frogged a few stitches of the wrong colour because I couldn't see any difference in shade! Anyway, FC has taken a few steps backwards, so I'll post when it is a bit further forward!

As to other projects, I have started a freebie Christmas angel from Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum and a biscobud, both SALs from stitching groups. Both are in the very early stages, but I might get around to taking photos if we have any sunshine over the weekend. Still looking for suitable fabric for my Westie puppy. I might have to settle for pink as I don't really want to add any more to my stash.

Now to book tickets for Ally Pally in October and Hobbycrafts in November. (And the mending pile is just as high as before!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment