Sunday, March 25, 2012

A -stashing I have been!

Thursday I went to the Sewing for Pleasure exhibition in Birmingham with three friends. I had good intentions of sticking to my shopping list of replacement clip-on magnifying glasses, fabric for Chatelaine's Fairytale Castle, and a simple longstitch kit for my next-door neighbour. and then just enjoying looking at the displays, and getting inspiration.
Well. I bought the fabric, but had no success with the longstitch kit, and a mixed result for the clip-ons. For this last, I had to buy the wrong magnification and ask DH to switch lenses from my old pair which I couldn't see to do! Anyway, I can now see comfortably to stitch.
I ended up with all sorts of other bits and pieces, including a number of peyote beading patterns which looked quite easy - until I returned home. Of course, I also had to buy the beads to go with them and some bead containers! Then there was the "friendly plastic", odd skeins of thread, a Christmas card kit, petites sizes 26 and 28, double-sided tape, extra fabric as it was on offer, and some dolls house bits and pieces for DGD #2. But I mustn't forget the two charts of cars for DS #1 and DD, Jensen Button's F1 and a Citroen 2CV respectively, nor the two 3D Christmas Houses from the Nutmeg Company which I fell in love with - and they were so friendly on the stand! Photos will come later.

Meantime I have finally finished DGD #3's baby shawl, and am very close to finishing DGD #2's shawl for her baby doll. I visit on Tuesday, so have a very tight schedule for that!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing the baby shawl. Sounds like a fun time in birmingham.

    ReplyDelete