Monday, May 28, 2012

Ooops!!

This past week has been a chapter of accidents, so no new photos. On Monday my bicycle kicked me as I was getting on it to ride home after posting a letter. Result: one heavy landing, one badly sprained wrist, one thumb (the other hand, of course) missing a bit, and lots of bruises not to be on public display!! Stitching has been well-nigh impossible as I couldn't hold a needle or support a frame. I can't even manage to put up the stand I have hidden in a cupboard somewhere. DH is doing all the vacuuming and washing up, and most of the cooking, including making lots of cups of tea as I can't be trusted to hold a kettle safely! A lot of my journeys are by public transport, which I'm quite enjoying, actually. (I can sit fairly comfortably, now!)
On Wednesday DH reversed our car into a rather sturdy laurel bush. I doubt if it will ever be the same again! (The car, I mean, not the bush!) Next-Door-Neighbour thought he was responsible for the damage to our car till I reassured him that no, it was my DH who had caused it.
By Friday, I knew I had picked up a "bug": sore throat, loss of voice, deep cough. It's not a cold as I am not sneezing. I managed the services yesterday both morning and evening, but I'm now cancelling everything I don't actually need to do. I have a friend with COPD, and daren't go near her.
I had a bit of "me time" yesterday afternoon. I sat in the sunshine in our back garden for half an hour, and put in a grand total of one full cross stitch and four half-stitches. Better than nothing! So now  will see if I can manage a few more.
Hope this hasn't been too depressing for you all. I shall continue to enjoy an enforced rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment