Sunday, June 17, 2012

Progress at Last

June 13th
June 17th
At last I feel I am making some progress on my sister's cushion. I've finally completed the main central bloom. The designer, Mary Hickmott, doesn't say what the flower is, but the more I've stitched, the more I've become convinced it's a pæony. My grandparents used to grow incredible scarlet pæonies in their front garden in Kent. I used to think my memory of them was faulty until at one time my dad made a comment about how unusual their colour had been, and that he'd never seen a scarlet one since. I have checked gardening books, and can find none listed. Sadly, when I went for a trip down memory lane a few years ago, they were no longer there, so one of the later occupiers must have disposed of them.

I now feel I can reward myself with a few hours on the Fairytale Castle. Part 4 is due in a couple of weeks, and I'm only a little way into Part 1. (For those who are anxious about the hoop being left on the cushion fabric, I have removed it while I work on FC!!)
Till next time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you can stitch again. Lovely work on the central bloom! Theresa

    ReplyDelete