Monday, July 2, 2012

Progress - maybe!

Fairytale Castle Part 1 as of 25th June 2012
I wasn't able to take a decent photo of where I stopped stitching the FC last week as the weather has been so bad. However, I did take one yesterday evening in some lovely bright sunshine so you can see some of the sparkles. It is also quite a reasonable representation of the fabric colour. It's quite a large file, but I wanted to leave it intact because of the detail.  While I have been stitching, I have been daydreaming about the secluded pond with the sparkling fountains, the waterfalls and the water bubbling over stones. Maybe that's a bit fanciful! And my sympathies to Martina who has just lost a dear friend, so is having to delay on posting parts of her patterns.

Cushion 30th June 2012 - before frogging!!
This past week I have been working on the cushion. I have tried stitching whilst watching films, but have ended up doing a lot of frogging as I can't count and watch! So the photo is not quite up to date as there are fewer stitches in it now!

I came across the Papillon "Around the world in 80 stitches" SAL, and it looked intriguing. I have enjoyed the speciality stitches (so far) in FC, so decided to sign up. I have some wonderful de Haviland space-dyed threads which could look gorgeous in it, and I have some suitably-sized pieces of fabric from Sewitall, so i hope to spend a little time on getting that started this month.

This week I have joined yet another online stitching group - UKCross Stitch. It's quite relaxing not to have to think about time differences and slightly different meanings to words! And yesterday was the last chat I shall have with stitching friends the other side of the world. I will miss that. It was an almost magical time as distances disappeared along with time as it is a fairly instant response! Here's hoping for another way to chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment