Sunday, April 8, 2012

Busy - busy - busy

No pics and not much stitching this week. Just been kitting out a Chatelaine online class. It has taken me a long time to work out what colour fabric to use, and what substitutions for the silk floss. There's one I can't track down a reasonable substitute for, so may end up phoning de Haviland to see if she can help. Since it is a fairytale castle, I've opted for a lavender fabric - think Rapunzel/Tangled. I chose cotton in the end as it's lighter to handle. I just hope it has the strength to hold the beads. I've had to send to Canada for some of the Swarovski cubes - 4mm indicolite. They look very pretty, so hope they're worth it in reality. DS has had to order them, and if they arrive in time will bring them over next week. Just need to order the Delicas now!

Now Good Friday and Easter are over, I can concentrate on some stitching. Currently very tired and not thinking straight

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - I'm not quite sure which fabric to use for fairytale castle - had my eye on one colour but might have to use some antique white I already have in my stash ! Polstitches is the best place here in UK as she will cut and dye the exact size you want ....
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. I haven't come across Polstitches before. I eventually gritted my teeth - cost - and ordered some lilac-cloud overdyed 32 count from Sew-it-all. I had a small piece already, tried some of the threads against it, and thought they looked good. If that's wrong, it's the antique white for me too.
      J

      Delete