Sunday, April 1, 2012

New Starts

April 1st - not only our 40th Wedding Anniversary, but a day of starting new projects. After a slight hiccup, I have downloaded the first part of my first Chatelaine online design. "Overwhelming" is the best word to describe it, but also awesome. I thought I had a suitable piece of fabric, but unfortunately it looks like being a bit small. So, I need to revisit my stash chest to find another piece or to look online for something suitable. This is not a project to cut corners in, even if I am not going to use the silk. Poor little silkworms.

I have put 14(!!) stitches in HAED's storykeep "Enchanted Manor", and about the same in Labor of Love's "Don't Wanna". I may end up restarting the latter as I don't like the effect over one. I think I may have picked up a piece of 32 ct rather than 25 ct. I must re-measure.

That's it for now. At this point in my writing I realised I couldn't see as I had a migraine, I am now "out of commission" for almost a day because of the meds I am on for it. Hardly surprising I picked up the wrong fabric for "Don't Wanna", or that I couldn't calculate the amount I needed for Chatelaine's "Fairytale Castle". I had hoped to post some pics of the fabric I had bought for that, too!

PS. My thanks to everyone who has visited this site, and posted comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment